VP Compliance - US Hedge Fund
Salary £100,000 - £140,000 per annum
Consultant Peter Jecks
Date posted 26 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A very exciting opportunity to join a small Compliance team in an excellent, a high performing US Hedge Fund. They are looking for someone to have a very broad role within the team, but initially set up and implement their Global Distribution Compliance framework.
VP Compliance – US Hedge Fund
- Establish a compliance program around Europe’s institutional/retail distribution activities according to the FCA Handbook and MiFID 2.
- Draft and revise policies and procedures covering the oversight of institutional/retail client suitability, market conduct, employee training
- Oversee institutional/retail distribution activities and local compliance with local licensing, registration and conduct rules pertaining to European products marketed in non-US jurisdictions
- Oversight of on-going compliance requirements around platform distribution
- Compliance oversight of retrocessions arrangements on platforms
- Assist in implementing Europe’s product governance program, specifically for target market assessments and establish a review and governance process for assessed target markets
- Research unbundling: implement and provide training on OW policies and procedures, provide oversight of surveillance tools, website access etc.
- Provide consultation to front office on global cross-border marketing rules and local exemptions
- Design a comprehensive country and entity risk classification system covering local AML standards as well as potential reputational exposure to the firm
- Design internal escalation procedures as needed
- Experience of working as a compliance professional with an EU/UK institutional/retail asset manager or distribution platform.
- Expert knowledge of EU and UK institutional/retail and wealth management services legislation and regulation, specifically relating to regulatory requirements under MiFID 2 (knowledge of Asian markets a plus).
- Ability to implement a product governance and distribution oversight program according to MiFID 2, the FCA Handbook and local jurisdictional requirements.
Please email me if you feel this terrific opportunity may be of interest to you. Peter.firstname.lastname@example.org