Banking Operations Manager - Compliance Surveillance
Salary £60,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Kayte Short
Date posted 21 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity is available with a most respected Financial Services business based in Birmingham City Centre for a Banking Operations Manager within the Compliance Surveillance division who will oversee a team of 25 people with four managers as direct reports which performs a variety of surveillance tasks for EMEA operations to include trade, communications and information surveillance.
The Banking Operations Manager in Compliance Surveillance will be responsible for representing EMEA surveillance in global projects, including implementing surveillance of new models, products and financial exchanges and jurisdictions.
- Being part of the EMEA compliance surveillance management team and acting as a conduit between London and Birmingham based teams
- Being a part of Birmingham Compliance management team
- Directly managing of a large team, including management of team leaders
- Acting as an overall leader and mentor to the group, including leading training sessions, representing EMEA in global projects and representing the Surveillance to senior stakeholders in the business and Compliance management
- Acting as a key participant in the compliance planning strategy meetings, including being responsible for delivering parts of that strategy
- Performing the review and investigation of surveillance alerts and escalations in a timely manner, taking any necessary action for Trading, Communications and Information Barriers Surveillance
- Ensuring consistent delivery and service levels are maintained
- Developing product knowledge and understanding in trading methodologies
The Compliance Surveillance Manager will possess previous experience within a financial institution, ideally within compliance and ideally will possess some investment banking experience and ideally product experience. You will ideally have some knowledge of trading covering a variety of financial products. You will have experience of managing people and processes in your current and previous roles and have the ability to operate within a globally aligned organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity in The Midlands region. Please apply now, or for further information, please contact Kayte Short at Robert Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org