Asset Management Compliance Monitoring & Testing
Salary £65000 - £80000 per annum
Consultant Peter Jecks
Date posted 22 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has come up within a cutting-edge Investment Manager as a Compliance Monitoring & Testing Consultant.
Compliance Monitoring & Testing Consultant
A new position has become available as a Compliance Monitoring & Testing Consultant at a global Investment Management firm based in London.
The role has come about due to the sheer volume of work in the Compliance team at this cutting edge and innovative Asset Manager. The Compliance Monitoring & Testing Consultant is responsible for day-to-day execution of the compliance monitoring programme, its maintenance, and future development.
- Lead the design and delivery of a portfolio of MSIM Compliance Tests / Reviews to monitor compliance with Regulation and internal policy
- Planning and executing end-to-end regulatory Compliance testing across a range of EMEA branches, desks, businesses, themes and specific topics of focus.
- Scoping and undertaking testing of third-party and other outsourced service providers to MSIM funds and regulated entities.
- Managing the administration of testing results and identified issues within the Firm’s centralised tracking system from raising to resolution.
- Engaging with the MSIM business and second line management at a senior level to discuss the output from testing work. -Contribute as required to broader ISG test items.
- Contribute to global discussions on testing matters and sharing best practices.
Skills required (essential)
- Knowledge of investment management is essential, with strong knowledge and experience of asset management compliance, with particular exposure to UK, Luxembourg and Irish funds and their governing rules.
- Broad understanding of the FCA Handbooks and Regulatory approach, particularly awareness of current regulatory issues impacting the asset management sector in the UK.
- Prior experience of Compliance testing would be useful, including experience of conducting branch reviews.
- Prior experience of conducting reviews of outsourced functions (i.e. those activities conducted by third-party providers on behalf of funds under management), would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of CASS and experience of dealing with CASS-related issues as they impact investment management would be beneficial
- Previous experience of wholesale conduct related matters.