Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 15 November 2016
A global asset management firm based in London has a fantastic opportunity available in their alternatives investment business. They are looking for a an experienced alternative investment compliance officer to join their regulatory compliance team.
The compliance officer will have primary responsibility for facilitating the firm’s compliance program in EMEA specific to alternative investment structures such as hedge funds and private equity within the broader regulatory compliance team.
Primary Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Assessing compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures applicable to the firm’s alternatives business, including expense allocation, information barriers, co-investments, trade allocations, valuation, and marketing
- Performing compliance reviews and risk assessments including periodic testing
- Staying abreast of the relevant regulatory developments and expectations
- Delivering and evolving compliance training
- Chaperoning communications between the alternatives business and other departments where required
- Collaborating with other members of the regulatory compliance team, as well as interface with the business and providing day-to-day compliance support
- Working closely with the legal, finance and portfolio management teams within the firm
- Extensive compliance experience, ideally from within a hedge fund, private equity firm or global asset manager with alternatives exposure
- Ideally you will have experience with wall crossing procedures, monitoring, control room procedures and surveillance
- Highly flexible, multi-task oriented: capable of rapidly changing directions based on business demands
- Team-oriented: ability to apply analytical and decision-making skills in a collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of management and other compliance functional areas to meet objectives
- Service oriented: ability to balance regulatory and policy standards along with a business perspective
- Exceptional organisational skills: ability to effectively prioritise tasks, produce consistently accurate work and meet strict deadlines
This role has a great opportunity of going permanent or constantly rolling. Please contact Mike Cellier on Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.