Consultant Michael Ayres
Date posted 23 September 2016
Financial Services & Investments firm are looking to hire a Risk Analyst to be located in their Northern HQ in Manchester. The purpose of the role is to deliver an effective and value add risk management service to ensure that the risk management framework and its practical application is robust in identifying, measuring and mitigating all relevant risks, including conduct, operational, strategic, business and investment risks.
Risk Analyst – Responsibilities
- Provide support to risk owners within the business on risk and controls assessment and corrective action plans
- Provide control recommendations to business areas to ensure risks are managed effectively.
- Support the business areas by providing appropriate risk and policy recommendations
- Prepare monthly risk reports to the Head of Risk and the Risk management committees
- Manage Risk escalations and loss reporting from business areas and provide MI to Head of Risk and Risk management committees.
- Manage near miss reporting from business areas and provide MI to Head of Risk and Risk management committees.
- Assist in the delivery of training and awareness programmes to further business understanding of risk management, including conduct risk.
- Deliver risk and assurance reviews of high risk areas, initially supported by the Head of Risk.
- Input to the Product Team meetings as part of the Product Governance framework.
Risk Analyst - Requirements
- Previous experience and knowledge of risk.
- Degree and / or appropriate professional qualifications – Risk Qualification could be offered as part of the role
- Experience of dealing with other areas of the business and Senior Management.
- Good report writing skills.
- Commercially aware; able to demonstrate an awareness of the business as a whole and the impact of the team’s work on other areas of the business.
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Advanced excel skills an advantage.
- Very high attention to detail
- Knowledge of investment management, information technology systems and processes, and ore change & project management welcome.
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills
Benefits & Applications
Annual basic salary will be based on experience. To apply, simply forward a word copy of your cv to email@example.com To discuss further, please call myself directly on 0161 240 7459.