Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum
Consultant Claire Wright
Date posted 12 September 2016
A London based commodity trading firm is looking to grow out their compliance team to focus on increased regulatory demand and as a result are seeking a Compliance Officer. The head of Compliance is looking to hire a compliance officer with broad experience across compliance which a focus on regulatory monitoring and financial promotions.
The London based role will focus on daily management of compliance issues as well as strategic development of regulatory policy and ad hoc project delivery.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Interpreting new regulations from Global regulators, and implement through regulatory change projects
- Enhance existing compliance policies and procedures
- Present research reports to senior management on regulatory developments
- Undertake client due diligence on new and existing clients
- Undertake compliance monitoring checks
- Work closely with Marketing and Legal on financial promotions compliance
- Develop and support compliance training
You will have:
- Broad and general compliance experience in Financial Services, ideally commodities
- Good knowledge of regulations effecting trading, ideally a knowledge of the FCA rulebook and exchange rules
- Experience of managing a compliance monitoring programme
- Communication and presentation skills to be used in senior manager reports and training situations
- The ability to work autonomously
The compliance officer has exposure to a broad range of responsibilities and stakeholders and this is a real opportunity for candidates to gain good experience whilst developing internal career paths on a broad range of compliance duties.
For more information please contact Claire Wright on 0207 509 8746 or email@example.com