Compliance Monitoring Analyst
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Michael Ayres
Date posted 12 September 2016
Financial Services & Investments firm are looking to hire a Compliance Monitoring Analyst to be located in their Northern HQ in Manchester. The main principle of the role is to ensure the firm remains compliant with all FCA rules and guidance, by undertaking monitoring work under a risk based monitoring plan. This includes routine monitoring to ensure the delivery of good consumer outcomes along with investigations of matters relating to potential financial crime.
Compliance Monitoring Analyst - Responsibilities
- Carry out in depth compliance monitoring and regular reviews in accordance with the agreed plan in an effective and rigorous manner and report results to the Compliance Oversight Manager as appropriate.
- To write reports of findings using the compliance reporting template.
- To represent the compliance function in delivering feedback on monitoring reviews.
- Ensuring that good consumer outcomes are delivered constantly and consistently.
- Support the Compliance Management team with investigations of matters relating to potential financial crime.
- Maintain essential records and documents, as required by the FCA rules.
- To undertake other compliance activities, such as rule analysis, production of ad hoc reports, assisting with design and delivery of training as required from time to time under the direction of the Risk & Compliance Management team.
Compliance Monitoring Analyst - Requirements
- Previous experience in a compliance function or customer focused administration role in a FCA regulated business.
- Compliance or quality assurance monitoring and testing experience.
- Working knowledge/awareness of:
- The UK regulatory regime and awareness of the wider EU regulatory framework.
- The current FCA Handbook, with a detailed knowledge of some areas, in particular of COBS, SYSC and Financial Crime.
- Compliance monitoring and testing methodologies.
- UK market abuse regime.
- The legislative framework for financial crime including JMLSG guidance on AML requirements and the FCA’s financial crime prevention requirements.
- Data Protection Legislation.
- Analytical skills; ability to analyse changes in regulatory guidance etc. and assess impact on different aspects of business, including operational processes and procedures, literature etc.
Benefits & Applications
Annual basic salary will be based on experience. To apply, simply forward a word copy of your cv to email@example.com To discuss further, please call myself directly on 0161 240 7459.