Junior & Princiipal IT Auditor
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Cassandra Day
Date posted 27 May 2022london banking-financial-services/audit 2022-05-27 2022-07-26 financial-services City of London London GB Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading European Bank with an international reach and is a recognised leader in offering capital markets, security services and financing.
Key Responsibilities of Role for the Junior IT Auditor
- A Juinor IT Auditor participating in the audit team assignments and special reviews (when required by regulators, business lines, or senior management)
- Contribution to the planning and preparation of the assignment e.g. understanding the methodology, acquiring a deep knowledge of the activities to be covered, understanding the detailed technologies, gathering relevant key figures, etc.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the activities within the scope of the assignment, its strategy and governance, and the related risks.
- Evaluating the overall setup and identify the main areas of risk (including a comprehensive assessment of the management actions).
- Executing detailed investigations leveraging on a strong technical knowledge in various IT systems (Databases, Operating systems Linux/Windows, Cybersecurity/Network security, Virtualization, containerization, Cloud Computing and related risks)
- Leveraging on adequate programming languages and scripting to perform efficient investigations by automating analysis.
- Demonstrating strong understanding of the standard IT and cybersecurity risks, controls and technologies in order to effectively evaluate them and identify potential risks.
- Following audit professional standards and regulatory requirements in the performance of the day-to-day function of internal auditor.
- Preparing "easy to follow" work papers with particular focus on traceability and analysis to support findings.
- Articulating the aggregated findings in simple manner and recommend appropriate actions to the management in order to remediate the identified weaknesses and their root cause(s).
- Formalizing the results of the assignment investigations and contribute to the production of the assignment deliverables.
- Validating the factual accuracy and present the conclusions of the assignment fieldwork to the senior management.
Key Responsibilities of Role for the Principal IT Auditor
- Perform Information Technology and Cyber Security audits through comprehensive fieldwork, thorough examination and evaluation of key risks and controls.
- When required, lead and/or contribute in special reviews and integrated audits as required by the business and/or regulators.
- Perform thorough fieldwork by using a comprehensive and effective testing strategy.
- Prepare "easy to follow" work papers with particular focus on traceability and analysis to support findings.
- Aggregate facts and articulate draft findings and recommendations in simple and easy to understand manner.
- Finalise and distribute draft of audit findings/recommendations to auditees for internal control improvements.
- Ensure that the audit deliverables are delivered on time, and with expected quality.
- To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations and validate if the auditee has implemented the recommended counter measures or controls to address the root cause of the issue in an effective manner.
- To contribute to the Information Communication Technology risk assessment of audit universe, establishing a reliable communication channel with the auditees.
- Follow audit professional standards and regulatory requirements in the performance of the day-to-day function of internal auditor.
- Assist the Head of Assignment to plan each audit prior to the commencement of fieldwork (includes meeting with IT and Bank management, discussing changes/events that have a material impact on the activity, revising/enhancing the examination program and scope as warranted)
- Keep abreast of the evolution of areas like information technology, payment security, data governance, cyber security, auditing standards, banking regulations through training, publications and seminars.
Travelling requirement : below 30%
Salary: NegotiableLocation: City of LondonDate posted: 28 June 2022Are you invested in keeping up to date in current affairs and the financial markets? Do you have a keen interest in the international financial market? Have you handled and reported data and investment strategy? As a result of continued growth, we are currently in partnership with a globally renowned financial services business on the search for an Assistant Investment Strategist to join the Investment strategy team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to provide support to the investment department.
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annumLocation: LondonDate posted: 21 June 2022An excellent opportunity to join a global hedge fund, specifically looking after emerging markets/credit/fixed income. Paying up to £70k, it's a role that is both exciting and challenging.
Salary: £60,000 - £68,000 per annumLocation: LondonDate posted: 20 June 2022My client is a global US listed Fintech leader within S&P 500. They are looking for an accountant to provide FP&A support to the international shared corporate teams, partnering with leaders within each function. Based in London, with a hybrid working model.
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 per annumLocation: LondonDate posted: 07 June 2022Based in London, a leading global investment bank are looking for a new Compliance Monitoring AVP to join their team.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: LondonDate posted: 02 June 2022A global investment management firm is seeking a Risk Analytics Business Analyst to join their rapidly growing IT & Change Management team in London on a permanent basis. The role provides an exciting opportunity to support the firm’s business growth and operational transformation initiatives over the next 3-5 years.