Internal Auditor - Investment Management
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 22 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-20 banking City of London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading alternative investment management firm based in Mayfair London has a position open for an Internal Auditor. The Internal Auditor will be a key person in rolling out and the delivery of the Group’s rolling audit plan.
An attractive Internal Audit opportunity has arisen with a global alternative investment manager based in London.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor will be expected to assist in delivery of the Group’s rolling audit plan including audit planning activities, deliver end to end audit reviews, liaising with business partners, key internal stakeholders and senior management as well as provide value adding audit reports that drive positive change across the Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing risk assessment of the businesses’ control environment of group and affiliated companies.
- Assist in developing the group audit program to better enable audit to evaluate whether these key risks are being adequately controlled.
- Preparing and planning audits, to identify the scope/ approach to be taken based to correctly identify key risks are being effectively managed.
- Implementing a risk based approach during fieldwork to assess whether key controls are both adequately designed and effectively managed.
- Preparing high quality reports in line with Group Internal Audit Methodology that outlines the audit results and opine on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and processes being audited.
- Promote the profile of Internal Audit through sharing best practice and experiences with stakeholders across the group.
Other attributes or qualifications:
- Must have a relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent).
- Prior experience of internal audit/ operational risk or trained at ‘Big Four’ is preferred, although not essential.
- Have a working knowledge of international regulatory frameworks covering financial services or pharmaceutical/ life sciences businesses.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop a career within an entrepreneurial business environment
- Able to exercise professionalism, confidentiality and discretion when dealing with information.
- Previous experience of working within in matrix managed organisations would be an advantage.
Please contact Michael.email@example.com if you need to discuss further.