Data Science Manager
Consultant Lucy Cova
Date posted 03 December 2018 2018-12-032019-02-01 financial-services UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This position is based within a fast growing credit management service provider based in Kent. The company is looking for an experienced Data Scientist or Credit Risk modeller to lead the Data Science team. The data science team is focused on understanding, measuring and predicting customer behaviour.
This opportunity is based within one of the largest and fastest growing credit management services providers in Europe. My client is searching for a Data Scientist/Credit Risk Modeller to lead their Data Science team.
- Project based delivery of statistical and empirical analytics.
- Data warehouse interrogation, data collection, sample selection and preparation.
- Statistical model building to agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Become a subject matter expert.
- To be an owner in the business of making better predictions of payer behaviour and propensities to behave in each situation, through a better understanding in the drivers of consumer behaviour.
- Communicate well with our colleagues and listen to our customers.
- Explain the technical aspects of statistics to the team and wider as required.
- Clear project planning and management.
- Follow model development through to implementation and be prepared to automate models in the business, through SAS or other coding and quality checking.
- Critical assessment of Credit Bureau Data and other 3rd party data.
- Coach and mentor junior analysts.
- Work to further the understanding of consumer behaviour relating to the services provided by CCM.
- Work with other teams and departments to ensure modelling output is correctly deployed into the business.
- Numerical degree or evidence of equivalent certification. Master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
- Technical certification in interrogation software preferred (SAS, R, Python, SQL).
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- An interest in financial services.
- Two years + of managerial experience is preferred.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity further, please get in touch.