Consultant Lucy Cova
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-12 financial-services UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This position as a Data Engineer offers the opportunity to join a well-established team working within a multinational company based within the Investment Banking sector. This position will be a great fit for an individual who is passionate about working with the latest open source technolgies, working with large amounts of data.
This position as a Data Engineer offers the opportunity to become a part of a strong team based within a multinational banking and financial services firm located in London. My client is looking for eagerness to learn and passion for delivering working advanced analytics products to end-users.
- Participation in a Bus/Dev/Ops teams which develops, delivers and maintains advanced analytics applications.
- Build a distributed analytics engine that handles large volumes of events.
- Develop fast and secure applications using Open Source Software.
- Select and securely configure components needed for the application.
- Run automated and manual testing of the built components.
- Assist business users, as well as other team members when needed.
- Actively engage in discussions concerning the full technical stack of the application.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering/AI/Computer Science.
- A strong interest in advanced analytics and data science.
- Strong coding skills on a production grade level. Programming languages include Scala, Java, Go and C++. Scripting languages include Python, Groovy and Ruby.
- Hands-on experience, or proven willingness to learn, developing, tuning and managing distributed systems and clusters for both batch, as well as straming data.
- Strong understanding of databases. Both RDBMS and non-SQL databases.
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Flink, Storm and Hadoop is preffered.
- Experience in the Financial Market is prefered.
- Knowledge of machine learning - preferred experience with real implementations.
If you would be interested in discussing this further, please get in touch.