Business Analyst AVP - Payments
Consultant Freddie Barclay
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-02 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity at one of the world's leading financial groups; they have a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries and approximately £2 trillion under asset management. The ideal candidate will have strong business analysis skills as well as an extensive understanding of the SEPA payments system. Please note this role is based in London.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The role is to lead in supporting SEPA and OPF (Open Payment Framework) across Operations.
You will be responsible for business analysis of any market changes including the annual SEPA Rulebook updates and other payment related projects. You will also provide an excellent service to our users, through providing guidance on SEPA schemes and functional system support in relation to OPF, and through analysing and responding to business enquiries raised by OPF users. The role also involves regular liaison with key stakeholders that requires the role to build effective relationships with EMEA OPF Branches and Systems Office for EMEA.
As a member of the Business Management team, you will act as a key contact point, bringing together operations departments and other stakeholders (systems, finance etc.) in delivering changes in line with good practice change & project management methodologies. The role will require a ‘client first’ solution driven approach to be taken.
In this role, you will be responsible for business analysis of operations across the firm’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Conduct business analysis of payment products such as SEPA Credit Transfer and SEPA Direct Debit, EUR Instant Payment and other payment products; Specify users’ requirement in details and co-work with system division to produce business requirement documents and other related documents; Review project related documents such as Project Plan and Detailed Design;
- Gather and understand regulatory and market information related to payment area and reflect it to business requirement;
- Promote and manage payment related project as a representative of user division; Coordinate and support user activity in each phase of projects; Provide training and support to OPF EMEA Branches; Ensure accurate testing and business verification is performed;
- Ensure accurate, timely and regular reporting of the status, with clear documentation of the risks and issues and follow up any mitigation plans;
- Provide EMEA Branch operations with guidance on SEPA schemes and functional system support in relation to OPF; Analyse and respond to business enquiries raised by EMEA Branches using OPF;
- Support in Operations initiatives to enhance Quality, Efficiency & Productivity
- Take individual responsibility to ensure the change initiative / project is delivered on schedule, on budget and delivers the intended benefits;
- Develop a good understanding of operational processes, key controls and risk & governance framework and where appropriate provide guidance and support to the management team.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of SEPA (essential);
- Business Analyst skills (essential);
- Knowledge of clearing and settlement of payments (beneficial);
- Project management skill (beneficial);
- Work Experience:
- Business analysis on payment related operations (essential)
- System implementation project management (beneficial)
- Payment operations (beneficial)
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (essential)
- Project management / business analysis (beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment