Risk & Assurance Manager
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Vilma Kurpreka
Date posted 10 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The primary focus of the Risk & Assurance Manager is to provide assurance that the company continues to effectively operate and mitigate risks through delivery of internal assurance reviews/audit
My client is a reputable business based in the heart of Northampton. Due to a lot of change and growth they are looking for a Risk & Assurance Manager to join their risk team on a permanent basis.
The primary focus of the Risk & Assurance Manager is to provide assurance that the company continues to effectively operate and mitigate risks through delivery of internal assurance reviews/audit.
Main accountabilities include:
- Ensure proactive identification and evaluation of operational risks, emerging operational risks and monitor the effectiveness of key controls.
- Undertake assurance and follow up reviews: external regulations: procedures: client requirements and internal control framework.
- Support management in establishing risk mitigation activities.
- Prepare and present high quality Risk and Assurance reports to Management.
- Represent the organisation at stakeholder and client facing meetings.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience of audit, risk assessment and compliance processes. Experience and good understanding of technology, information security and change risk is key in order to succeed in this role. Ability to analyse, understand and present complex information and reports is equally as important. Experience in financial services and relevant qualification such as MIIA/CISA/IRM is beneficial but not essential.