Audit Manager - Capital Markets and Asset Management
Salary £70,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 16 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A global bank and asset management firm based in central London is in need of an audit manager to join their firm. The audit manager is responsible for conducting audits which critically assess management and internal control processes.
A great opportunity has become available at a global bank and asset management firm based in central London. The firm is in need of an audit manager will conduct audits which critically assess management and internal control processes. The will ensure the nature, extent and timing of the audit is appropriately executed and contributing to the formulation of an insightful audit report which provides clear, concise and memorable insights on assed possible issues, which will assist management in fulfilling its responsibilities.
- Proactively identify changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives to deliver audit and investigative services with the appropriate focus.
- Execute audit procedures conducted in full recognition of the risks of the auditee which encompass the internal risks, control risks and internal/external environments and regulatory risks.
- Provide fair and balanced insights into current, emerging, and potential issues, themes, trends and opportunities that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of control processes.
- Develop audit discussion points that are insightful and provide a fair and balanced assessment based upon critical assessment of management and control processes. Such points will be clear, concise, objective and timely in their delivery.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry, of the auditee, the regulatory and broad economic environment availing the auditee of the knowledge as to the development of new strategies and tactical plans and opportunities.
- Ensure that all audit procedures executed are conducted to the high standards set out by Corporate Audit, adherence to which is confirmed through our Quality Assurance program and/or regulatory examination results.
- Conduct an audit practice viewed by the Board, management and regulators as meeting expectations.
- Continue to advance the professional practice to enhance the assurance model, and the nature and quality of insights.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent with 5–7 years of direct relevant experience in an audit function or a business/corporate function.
- Asset Management, Capital Markets and Regulatory experience is preferred.
- Front office and Investment Products knowledge preferred.
- Accounting, Auditing, or Finance professional certifications would be an added bonus.
- Good knowledge in Internal Controls and Risk Assessment.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in Internal Control and the Asset Management Industry.
- Dutch / Portuguese language would be a bonus.