Salary £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Lauren Freeman
Date posted 23 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An established Financial Services client based in Birmingham City Centre is currently seeking a Finance Manager within Audit and Risk.
Please note: An accountancy qualification, audit experience or exposure to risk within a financial services capacity is essential for this role – the position would be ideal for a first or second time mover
Requirements of the Finance Manager:
- Ensure compliance with the operational risk and control management framework for the Finance Processes
- Coordinate Risk and Control Assessments, with Risk Owners, Risk Stewards and Control Owners including validating scope, reviewing material risks, and risk prioritisation, in respect of the Finance processes
- Provide updates assess risk ratings and priority ratings for issues and actions raised against the Finance processes
- Input to monthly Management information such as CFO Control Committee pack production, EXCO packs and tailored MI for the Risk and Control Owners
- Implement and undertake a robust and appropriate Internal Control Monitoring Plan that delivers testing across all of the key controls operated within Group Finance and globally for the Stress Testing and Regulatory Reporting processes
- Work closely with stakeholders at the most senior level of the organisation
- Internal Audit and Operational Risk reviews to determine whether the team is in full compliance with Operational Risk and Finance FIM’s
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or relevant qualifications
- Industry recognised qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Previous experience in Audit, Risk or Financial Services
- Knowledge and understanding of the risks and regulatory requirements in one or more of the business/functional areas
- Solid communication skills – you will be able to communicate with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and a structured approach
The ideal candidate for this position will either have collaborated on global risk processes, have a mix of strategic and commercial background and be able to work to pressured guidelines.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then please forward your CV and availability to email@example.com.