Lead Internal Auditor
Salary £65000 - £70000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Jasmine Steckler
Date posted 06 September 2016
A leading independent Insurance company is looking to hire a Lead Internal Auditor to join their growing Internal Audit – Corporate Functions team based in the City of London. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly for the Head of Audit by deputising the audit team through the complex audit engagements processes while utilising managerial experience to develop the maturity of the new Internal Audit team.
Key responsibilities for the Lead Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions
- Be a part of the central group’s internal audit team supporting the Head of Audit ensuring a quality internal audit service is provided in a timely and effective manor to senior management
- Lead and deliver a range of complex audits while having line management responsibility for a number of internal audit team members during the audit
- Liaise with senior stakeholders throughout the business to embed risk management practices when attending specified meetings and committees
- Formulate and execute a risk-based audit plan while monitoring and anticipating the business change and potential risks through the audit
- Manage the assigned audit resources during each project and monitor the quality of the audit files to present to executive management and produce viable recommendations
- Provide assurance on the strength of the control framework while supporting the Global Audit Manager with key stakeholders throughout the business during the audit
Knowledge required for the Lead Internal Auditor - Corporate Functions
- Experience working in internal audit within the financial services industry, experience in internal audit within insurance advantageous
- Experience leading a team through the audit process or having line management responsibilities
- Knowledge of the insurance business and the Lloyd’s environment is beneficial
- Experience with the end to end audit process and an understanding of the risks and expected controls in an insurance business
- Professional qualifications towards a recognised chartered accounting, insurance or internal audit or related qualification and a University degree is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Insurance/Reinsurance company to help audit and monitor the groups control processes and work directly with the Head of Internal Audit while being a part of the expanding function in London.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more about the Lead Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions role based in London, please apply today or contact Jasmine Steckler on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02075098938.