Auditor - Corporate Functions
Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Jasmine Steckler
Date posted 06 September 2016
A leading independent Insurance company is looking to hire an Internal Auditor to join their growing Group Internal Audit team based in the City of London. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly for the Head of Audit and be a part of this rapidly expanding team and representing the function by liaising with senior management throughout the business on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities for the Group Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions
- Be a part of the central group’s internal audit team supporting the Head of Audit ensuring a quality internal audit service is provided in a timely and effective manor to management
- Liaise with senior stakeholders throughout the business to embed risk management practices
- Monitor the risk and control framework and assist in identifying weaknesses and improving internal control practices
- Be a key part in the end to end audit process, from the initial planning to end reporting stage
- Provide assurance on the strength of the control framework while supporting the Global Audit Manager with key stakeholders throughout the business during the audit
Knowledge required for the Group Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions
- Experience working in Audit within the financial services industry, experience in internal audit within insurance advantageous
- Knowledge of the insurance business and the Lloyd’s environment is beneficial
- Experience with the end to end audit process and an understanding of the risks and expected controls in an insurance business
- Professional qualifications towards a recognised chartered accounting, insurance or internal audit or related qualification and a University degree is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Insurance/Reinsurance company to help audit and monitor the groups control processes and work directly with the Head of Internal Audit while being a part of the expanding function in London.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more about the Group Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions role based in London, please apply today or contact Jasmine Steckler on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02075098938.