Systems Finance Manager
Salary £60,000 - £75,000 per annum + bonus + competitive benefits
Consultant Julie Peacock
Date posted 24 November 2018 2018-11-242019-01-23 retail UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Currently recruiting for a systems finance role working for a hugely successful and transforming retailer based at their recently modernised offices in Central London. Looking for passionate finance professionals with a flare for and experience in SQL and Access. Competitive salary plus bonus + bens. Minimum of 4-5 years relevant systems experience required
Our client is a hugely successful and transforming and developing retailer in Central London. Currently seeking passionate systems accountant to play a key role as part of an ongoing company wide project to implement a new key system and related processes
Working closely with and reporting into the Group FC, key resposbilities will include the following
- Work closely with the Finance Transformation project team to play a key role in the successful implementation of the finance system including training, user access and data migration.
- Supporting the MIS Finance Controller in the maintenance of key commercial data in Access and SQL databases, ensuring strong data governance and timely, accurate reporting across the business.
- Assisting in the reporting from these databases to provide essential sales and margin reporting, as well as product department and category level insight to the Buying & Merchandising functions.
- Ensuring the new financial reporting and business intelligence systems function efficiently and provide accurate information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data governance of the new finance system..
- Working with the business to drive continuous improvement of our systems and its use.
Applicants will possess the following
- Expert abilities with Excel and Access
- Expert knowledge of Access as essential and understanding of SQL is desirable
- A strong grounding in accounting and financial reporting
- A qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or qualified by experience) is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a Finance function with responsibility for maintaining data integrity, data governance processes and reporting functionality is essential
- Ideally previous involvement in the implementation of a new finance system and processes
- Exceptional communication and business partnering experience
- Ability to trhive in a fast pace upbeat ever changing driven environment