Finance Systems Manager
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant Harsa Abeelack
Date posted 16 July 2018 2018-07-162018-09-14 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A retail business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a Finance Systems Manager to act as an integral part of the finance team, the role will involve championing the management of our accounting systems and all associated finance systems.
A retail business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a Finance Systems Manager to act as an integral part of the finance team, the role will involve championing the management of the accounting systems and all associated finance systems. This will involve ensuring the effective management and development of the finance transactions; processes and associated master files, and be the functional lead in developing additional system capabilities for finance team across all territories.
The role requires a finance manager with a proven track record of leading systems development projects and delivering change effectively. As a key link between the finance community and the IT team a key part of the role will be to coordinate various aspects of project delivery.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Collaborates with users and stakeholders throughout the finance team to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements, aligned to business objectives, gaining full understanding of current business processes
- Lead all finance systems proposals for improvements and enhancements and working closely with the finance team on the activities that will deliver process efficiency
- Provide in-depth knowledge of ERP systems and all associated finance and reporting systems, evaluating the finance business processes against the standard capability
- Challenges the business to limit customisation and adopt best practice processes
- Ensure data integrity and alignment to the internal controls framework and provides input to the security model to ensure we adhere to audit controls and segregation of duty
- Demonstrates experience in implementation methodology, understands the key activities and deliverables for internal projects
- Reviews approval hierarchy and audit recommendations
- Responsible for documenting the high-level finance requirements for the ERP systems including reporting and third-party software
- Stakeholder management and communication ensuring finance users are kept up to date on changes, updates and general status
- Carry out any other reasonable management instruction to the expected standards that ultimately supports the business
Proven track record managing, embedding and fully utilising Finance Systems & ERP Systems
- Experience in consolidation reporting is essential
- Self-starter and able to work without detailed management
- Able to take on new tasks and apply current experience/skills to facilitate successful outcomes
- A high standard of interpersonal and negotiation skills for liaison and management of communications with external suppliers, project stakeholders and users
- Project Management
- Full accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / ACMA)
- Experienced in managing system developments
- Microsoft technology stack – (SQL, SSRS and Power BI)
Please apply or alternatively contact Harsa Abeelack on 07826 859 650 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.