Systems and Data Administrator
Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 16 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location, and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking multiple Systems and Data Administrators.
You will also maintain records of all suppliers and customers, including creations, amendments and suspension of accounts in accordance with performance and quality standards set out for the Record to Report function.
- To operate relevant Kier Group financial systems and interfaces to ensure that all financial transactions can be recorded in a timely manner
- Completion of various systems based routines to support the operation of Oracle financial systems
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Operation of various month-end and year-end routines to support the financial close process
- Provide support on system functionality, identifying and defining issues and communicating them to Finance Systems or IT.
- Support Finance on ad hoc projects.
- Utilise knowledge management systems and databases to share appropriate information across departments.
- Assist with review of financial controls operating in the FSSC and identify control improvements. Document findings in clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of business continuity plans for all FSSC departments
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Support data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Responsible for new supplier/customer/chart of account/other financial data objects creations, amendments and archiving
- Ensure that changes to master data are conducted promptly and accurately in accordance with procedure set out for the Record to Report function
- Maintain supplier and customer master files and ensure that any inconsistencies are resolved or escalated appropriately
- Reinstate or suspend accounts based on credit policies, upon consulting team leader and/or Credit Control function
- Work in conjunction with Group Procurement to manage supplier masterdata changes
- Verify accounts payable pay file with PO supplier master file
- Maintain electronic commerce
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participate in training and development procedures
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to financial transactions/accounting will be an advantage
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Committed team player
- Trustworthy, diligent and self-motivated
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- High level of inputting accuracy.
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Systems & Data Administrator roles please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.