Continuous Improvement Accountant
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Location City Of ManchesterFULL_TIME
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 29 July 2022northern-west accountancy-finance/project-accountant 2022-07-29 2022-09-27 accountancy City Of Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Expanding finance hub have created a new role for a Continuous Improvement Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) to join their growing finance function.
The business have gone through a period of transformation, centralising a number of business units into their UK finance hub. Following a period of stabilisation, this role has now been created to lead and support the continuous improvement of finance, with a focus of improving operational performance.
Key responsibilities include;
- The delivery of an increasing portfolio of continuous improvement initiatives with a clear focus on improving operational performance
- Tracking the delivery and performance of projects and managing corrective action where necessary
- Managing the delivery of continuous improvement workshops across the finance function delivery pillars and managing the change agenda of the Head of Finance Services.
- Alignment of pipeline and workload to ensure consistency with the priorities of senior stakeholders
- Identifying process and control issues within finance operations, and working collaboratively to design, pilot and track corrective changes to process and control before handing off to the delivery leadership as a formal BAU change
- Drawing on the process knowledge and resource within finance operations and outside finance to design best practice, low waste solutions through CI workshops using established CI tools
- Identification of areas of process inefficiency, control weakness and process waste in conjunction with Delivery Tower leads and functional delivery teams
- Design, development, piloting and productionisation of continuous improvement solutions using established CI tools and techniques
- Reporting, trend analysis and commentary to demonstrate value add from the CI and quality initiatives
- Collaborative management of the pipeline of CI proposals to align with the expectations of the Head of Finance Services and change governance agenda, and the needs and requirements of BAU delivery management
- Identifying proposals for CI initiatives that eliminate or materially eliminate waste in finance operated processes, irrespective of the root causes
- Performance monitoring to demonstrate value delivered by the CI initiatives implemented by the Head of Performance Improvement
Key attributes preferred;
- Qualified Accounting Qualification: ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar
- More important than the financial qualification is a demonstrable track record of improving processes and control and have a detailed understanding of controls, efficiency and process
- Extensive experience in a Continuous Improvement, Quality or similar role
- Excellent understanding of processes within Payables, Receivables and General Ledger
- Prior experience of working with an outsourced Finance Shared Service Centre is preferable but not mandatory
- Continuous improvement mindset is central to success in this role
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning organisation, in a role where you will be given autonomy to implement and drive change across the finance function both locally and globally. The business have a collaborative, supportive culture and work well together to achieve collective goals. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + Excellent benefitsLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 09 August 2022Robert Walters are excited to be partnering with a leading services provider in Manchester. We are looking for a driven Financial Account to take ownership of the Company’s Fixed Asset activities and to join and lead an established finance team with the opportunity to make an impact on the business and its clients.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 08 August 2022I am excited to be partnering with a worldwide food services and facilities management company based in Manchester. As Finance Manager, you will also be providing expert financial advice to the operational management, facilitating the delivery of budget and other initiatives that will drive financial performance within the contract. Business partnering with the service leads and working with our client on an established, profitable contract generating over £12m of profitable revenues per annum.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + Fully remite roleLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 08 August 2022Leading Marketing Organisation based in Manchester City Centre require a Head Of Billing to set up a new department ( working fully remotely from home)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: ManchesterDate posted: 05 August 2022I am excited to be working with a global electrical retailer based in Manchester. As FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for the actualization of the UK Retail entity forecasts along with the consolidation and reporting of group operational performance. The role requires the development of key relationships with commercial and operational stakeholders in the different business units and territories. Additionally, the role is accountable for the leadership and development of an FP&A assistant accountant.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 per annumLocation: ManchesterDate posted: 03 August 2022Robert Walters are excited to be representing a hugely successful, market leading media business as they look to appoint a high calibre Financial Controller; a newly created role as part of a transformation project.