Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Kathryn Parkinson
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-11-10 accountancy Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 450 500 500 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are working with a growing business in Cheshire which is embarking on a major transformation programme. Are you a Qualified Accountant with experience of managing teams through change and transformation? Are you passionate about improving internal processes and controls? Do you have previous financial system implementation experience? If so then please read on...
The Project Accountant role will work alongside the Number One in finance, leading and implementing the stabilisation plans and system optimisation across a large accounting function.
• Project management, delivery and subsequent divisional training
• Business recovery plans
System review and optimisation - ORACLE
Delivery of training across AP/AR/Treasury/
• Managing the complex relationships between the multiple strands of financial data and cross-project relationships and managing the associated risks and opportunities to enable effective management of project performance
• Ensure controls are in place and oversee the alignment of financial data, systems and reporting across multiple functions and for projects with complex relationships and income models, ensuring consistency, compliance with contract protocols, accurate allocation of costs and transparency across the Group.
• Focus on controls and reporting - working within an exisiting controls framework
• Support the development and delivery of annual Business Plans and budgets for Business Support, monitor progress and identify remedial action where necessary.
• Escalation of key areas in a timely manner.
• Facilitation of meetings, with structure and agendas.
• Identification, resolution escalation of critical issues.
• Provide guidance to internal customers and external partners/suppliers on financial and other contractual regulations, controls, systems and procedures, to ensure consistency across related functions and to ensure a high level of compliance, accuracy and robustness of data.
• Staff management.
The successful Project Accountant will be CCAB Qualified
• Ability to understand and manipulate complex data sets, which combine both accounting and project management principles, with a high level of accuracy.
• Numerically literate with a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to interpret and manipulate financial information, and associated systems,
• Ability to effectively manage a broad range of contract performance, financial/accounting issues and manage audit processes.
• Use of Excel Spreadsheets to an advanced level.