Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Consultant Alexandra Parr
Date posted 05 September 2016
As a Project Accountant, you will be supporting the project teams in Borough and Warton in delivering success against financial and operational targets. You will be working with variance currencies and different tax regimes. This role will enable you to mobilise a new contract from the beginning. There is an expected combined contract value of circa 0.7bn-1bn.
Main responsibilities as Project Accountant:
- Preparing the quarterly profitability and sales trading statements for the India contracts, ensuring that the financial data is robust and representative of the project position
- Supporting the business winning activity on B3/B4 and mobilising and delivering the contracts through effective Contract Status Report (CSR) management
- Assisting the project team in managing the contract to budget through effective interpretation, challenge and presentations, achieving stretch target where possible
- Ensuring that all relevant aspects of the Financial Policy Manual (FPM) and business unit procedures are correctly applied to the India contracts
- Performing all month end activities required for the India projects, including claiming milestones, trading sales & margin, allocating cash, re-profiling & raising of hedging and raising journals
- Attending, challenging and providing an input into monthly Risk & Opportunities within the project reviews at Borough and Samlesbury
- Supporting any new business activities with in line with the finance business winning process
- Part qualified (studying for finals) in CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Comprehensive business and financial modelling experience
- Good ERP experience
- Good knowledge of ERP systems and TM1
- Knowledge of Life Cycle Management and Tender Vet procedures
Skills as Project Accountant:
You will be highly numerate with strong literacy and analytical skills. You will be able to work to tight timescales and deadlines, working effectively both independently and with others. Your excellent communication and presentation skills will enable you to deal effectively with a variety of stakeholders at different levels in the organisation, influencing and challenging appropriately.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.