Salary £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 09 August 20192019-08-09 2019-10-08 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 24000 28000 28000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity for a Payroll Assistant has recently become available at leading organisation based in central Birmingham, reporting directly into the Payroll Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the business. This role will offer you the chance to showcase your skills while developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Payroll Assistant Position:
You will ensure that all staff, covered under SLA’s receive their authorised salaries and payments to agreed timescales and dates through the responsibilities of the Payroll Section and all Payroll processes.
• Record and calculate PAYE, SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, Overtime, Car Mileage and expenses. Plus other monthly claims as they arise.
• In conjunction with Payroll & Pensions Manager respond to all payroll and pension queries promptly and amend as necessary.
• Maintain the Sage payroll system, via the input of payroll information.
• In the absence of the Payroll & Pensions Manager ensure all payroll deadlines are met to ensure the payment of salaries within the agreed timescales.
• Produce payroll information and reconciliations; including the recording of payroll data into the finance system.
• Process the payment of expenses via payroll, ensuring compliance to the Travel & Expenses Policy.
• Administration of the process for assessing off-payroll workers to determine their employment status in relation to the Intermediaries Legalisation (IR35).
• Produce ad hoc payroll reports as required.
• Maintain documentation, report and produce information and payments for 3rd party deductions. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
Essential Experience of the Payroll Assistant:
• Experience of a computerised payroll system.
• Good working knowledge of PAYE, SSP and SMP.
• Knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Experience of using computerised financial systems.
• Competent in the use of Excel
• Excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
To express your interest in this Client Accountant position please apply direct or email your CV to email@example.com