Interim Head of Payroll
Salary £350 - £400 per day
Consultant Martyn Biddulph
Date posted 26 July 20192019-07-26 2019-08-25 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 350 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently working with a leading global business in the heart of Birmingham to recruit a Head of Payroll on an interim basis.
Robert Walters are currently working with a leading global business to recruit a Head of Payroll on an interim basis.
Managing a payroll of 10,000 employees you will be leading a team of five Payroll Clerks and working alongside the external payroll provider and key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Manager include:
• Overseeing the payroll, pensions and insurance department
• Responsible for authorising accurate payroll and pension submissions for both weekly and monthly staff
• Ensure processes and controls are documented and identify / rectify any weaknesses
• Ensure the department is cross trained to cover leaves of absence and peak seasonal times
• Responsible for leading and overseeing all future payroll and pension projects, liaising with finance and HR where necessary
• Key effective point of contact with HR
• Keep the business updated with key payroll / pension and tax legalisation changes via business updates and ensure that we are compliant with all related legislation
• Provide key stakeholders with business relevant information i.e. WTD breaches, overtime stats etc. and escalate were necessary
• Ensure contractual service levels are maintained by the ADP payroll managed service team and effectively interact to remedy any shortfall
• Coaching and developing the team
• Maintain confidentiality of payroll data at all times.
• Recruits, selects and inducts new team members providing training and guidance as required.
As a Payroll Manager you should have/be;
• CIPP qualified (Desirable)
• SAP Payroll experience (Desirable)
• Previous experience managing a payroll and pensions department ideally with a payroll of a similar size
• Proven experience in project management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong and up-to-date payroll and employment tax technical knowledge
This is a great opportunity to join a leading business in the area who are well known for their first-class finance team. You will be part of a forward-thinking business and will have the opportunity to be part of a number of ongoing finance projects.