Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Wood
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-08 social-care Bromsgrove Worcestershire GB GBP 35000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Payroll Manager role has arisen at a market leading business in Bromsgrove. Working closely with the Financial Controller managing Payroll Administrators, you will oversee the payroll for employees working alongside the external payroll provider and key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Manager include:
• Overseeing the payroll, pensions and insurance department
• Responsible for authorising accurate payroll and pension submissions for both weekly and monthly staff
• Ensure processes and controls are documented and identify / rectify any weaknesses
• Ensure the department is cross trained to cover leaves of absence and peak seasonal times
• Responsible for leading and overseeing all future payroll and pension projects, liaising with finance and HR where necessary
• Key effective point of contact with HR
• Keep the business updated with key payroll / pension and tax legalisation changes via business updates and ensure that we are compliant with all related legislation
• Provide key stakeholders with business relevant information i.e. WTD breaches, overtime stats etc. and escalate were necessary
• Ensure contractual service levels are maintained by the ADP payroll managed service team and effectively interact to remedy any shortfall
• Coaching and developing the team
• Maintain confidentiality of payroll data at all times.
• Recruits, selects and inducts new team members providing training and guidance as required.
As a Payroll Manager you should have/be;
• CIPP qualified (Desirable)
• SAP Payroll experience (Desirable)
• Previous experience managing a payroll and pensions department ideally with a payroll of a similar size
• Proven experience in project management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong and up-to-date payroll and employment tax technical knowledge