Salary £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Location Letchworth Garden CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Kay Edle
Date posted 05 February 2019 2019-02-052019-04-06 accountancy Letchworth Garden City Hertfordshire GB GBP 26000 28000 28000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters are partnering a Construction business based in Letchworth with the recruitment of a Payroll Clerk. The salary is £26,000 to £28,000.
Robert Walters are partnering a Construction business based in Letchworth with the recruitment of a Payroll Clerk, this vacancy has arisen due to a someone moving to another department. This role will sit in a payroll team of 6 people.
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely salary and expense payments to the Group’s 3,200 employees.
- Responsibility for end to end payroll processing, including reconciliation of payroll and preparation and submission of BACS and RTI files.
- Responsible for processing employee expense and mileage payments. To include checking for tax status, particularly in terms of 24 month rule for site based employees and reimbursement for commute travel.
- Ensure all payroll deadlines are maintained through an awareness of priorities and workload.
- Maintaining in depth knowledge of payroll and pension legislation, including Local Government Pension Schemes.
- Assist in creating and posting all payroll journals to the Finance system.
- Assist in paying over third party and pension payments.
- Update and maintain company car records in payroll system on a monthly basis for P11d and fleet management purposes.
- Retain payroll records in accordance with statute and company policy.
- Producing ad-hoc reports as required by the business.
- Support with project work as required.
- Aspire to the highest of service and accuracy.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in compliance with Group policy and relevant Data Protection guidelines.
- Experience of using integrated HR/Payroll software
- Ability to carry out all technical payroll calculations manually
- Proven experience in a complex payroll environment
- Proven experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of Resourcelink- this is desired
- A courteous and helpful manner when resolving issues
- Ability to prioritise with a flexible approach
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
The role of Payroll Clerk will have a salary of £26,000 to £28,000 plus bonus. Based in Letchworth and there is free parking on site.
Please apply if you have previous experience of working in a similar Payroll role by sending your CV to email@example.com or call more information on 01727 617010