Senior Payroll Officer
Salary £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 23 January 2019 2019-01-232019-03-24 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 23000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer has recently become available at leading organisation based in central Birmingham, reporting directly into the Payroll Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the business. This role will offer you the chance to showcase your skills while developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Senior Payroll Officer Position:
Seeking a Senior Payroll Officer to join a Shared Service Centre Payroll Team and to be involved in all aspects of our payroll function. This hands-on role will see you split between processing payrolls, supervising the Payroll Team and working with the Payroll Manager to find efficiencies and to drive the payroll function forward. You will also be responsible for assisting with monthly reports, weekly and monthly reconciliations, providing accurate annual reporting and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
• Preparation of all company payrolls, to set tight deadlines.
• Review payroll prior to sign off, highlighting anomalies and investigating discrepancies.
• Pensions. Administration of the in-house and Auto-enrolment pension schemes.
• Assist with month end procedures including submission of Tax and NICs, 3rd party reporting.
• Processing Bank payments as required.
• Reconciliation of all payroll transactions and working closely with our Finance Department.
• Assist with HMRC regulatory requirements including timely returns, RTI filings, benefits processing.
• Assist with preparation of year end documents including P11D's and P60’s including submission to the HMRC by set dates.
• Reporting, reconciliation and payment of 3rd party supplier payments including to Courts and Pensions provider.
• Work closely with HR function to ensure continued improvement of processes and continuity of data transfer to Payroll.
• Supervising the Payroll Team to ensure deadlines are met and payroll is processed accurately; set targets and complete appraisals.
• Be technical lead within the Team, ensuring implementation of new legislation, providing training to the team, and communicating impacts to the Payroll Manager/Senior Managers.
• Lead and assist in the creation of tested payroll process and procedures documents
• Act as a key point of contact between HR and payroll regarding starters, leavers, maternity, paternity, bonuses and overtime.
Essential Experience of the Senior Payroll Officer:
• Exposure to working for a business with multiple payrolls and 2000 plus on the payroll.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience supervising a Payroll team.
• Experience of being involved in IT systems projects from a HR and Payroll point of view.
• Exposure of processing of payroll's across UK & Ireland but as a minimum a proven track record of UK.
• A sound knowledge of UK PAYE and ability to apply payroll procedures and legislation.
• Knowledge of Pension schemes and auto-enrolment requirements.
• A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and the ability to use Excel and Word efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to people at all levels.
• Ability to improve processes, procedures and implement them.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in an autonomous and independent way, whilst remaining able to take instruction when necessary.
• Capable of working under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• SAP knowledge is desirable.
To express your interest in this Senior Payroll Officer position please apply direct or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org