Salary £33,000 - £37,000 per annum + Annual Bonus
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 accountancy Trafford Greater Manchester GB GBP 33000 37000 37000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
High growth business based in South Manchester have created a new role for a Payroll Manager to join their growing finance team.
This fast paced business has grown both organically and via acquisition and have now created a new role for a Payroll Manager to lead a team of payroll clerks and administrators. As well as your payroll expertise you will be passionate about people development, staff retention & providing a first class service to internal external customers.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Day to day team management such as: coaching, monthly 1-2-1’s and appraisals. This will include developing training within the department to ensure that the continuous improvement and progression of the team in terms of accounting and industry knowledge is on going;
- Managing the completion of daily payroll for a number of payroll services, such as Umbrella, PAYE and CIS;
- Adhering to existing Payroll Controls for accurate payroll compliance and introducing new effective controls where gaps are found;
- Being accountable for validations and reconciliations;
- Undertaking the year-end projects;
- Managing the workplace pension scheme and salary sacrifice arrangements;
- Sharing knowledge of expenses processes for those employees that work under Supervision, Direction and Control;
- Responsibility for the bank reconciliations under our control to ensure cash is well managed and there is minimal debt;
- Ensuring all Departmental targets are met and compliance is adhered to and enhanced whenever possible and
- Working alongside our HR team with any recruitment needs and following internal policies.
Key skills preferred;
- Qualified CIPP or studying
- Strong technical payroll knowledge, working in a high volume, fast paced payroll environment
- Excellent people manager
- Knowledge of umbrella payroll would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning business during an exciting period of growth. You will work in an excellent and supportive environment and will be rewarded for your success.
To apply please contact Gary Darlington at Robert Walters on email@example.com / 01612407474