Salary £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-04 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 23000 23000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A well-known business based in Rubery are looking for a Payroll Advisor to join their team, reporting into the Team Manager, this an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Advisor to join the business during an exciting time of growth and change.
As the Payroll Advisor, you will be responsible for:
You will ensure all allocated payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Group and local business controls and audit procedures, whilst providing a specialist payroll support service to internal and external colleagues and customers throughout the Group.
• Process correct and timely salary payments to all employees across Group (including Channel Islands and Isle of Man), and provide a specialist payroll service to same.
• Provide a specialist payroll support and advice service to Group, via the Human Resources Shared Services model, including understanding the impact of events and actions and payslips and the ability to provide comprehensive and detailed payslip explanations.
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory region legislation in respect of processing of all payments to employees, as well as income tax, National Insurance/Social Insurance, pensions and National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
• Processing of new starters, leavers, personal and job amendments, company sick pay and any other third party/ad-hoc payments and deductions.
• Ensure payrolls are completed accurately and timely following set checks and balances, and to obtain approval before exiting.
• Accurate processing of payroll reversals, including results table analysis.
• Application and understanding of retrospective out of period actions, and the impact on payroll results and payslips.
• Reconciliation and clearance of bank statement, along with application of associated payroll adjustments.
• Generation and reconciliation of payments, including TT, BACS and cheque.
• Validate any exception and/or error reports for reasonableness.
• Processing of Spreadover Pay and understanding the impact on payslips.
• To understand the various pension schemes within the Group and the impact of calculations on payslips, including Workplace Pensions Auto-Enrolment legislation and processes.
• Process death in service payments where appropriate.
• Manage the appropriate approval levels, with supporting evidence, and to ensure sign off is made before BACS payments are arranged for submission.
• House-keeping data storage and paperwork, in line with Compass audit and business controls.
• Liaison with TUPE team to ensure all contract gains and losses, and acquisitions, are processed in a smooth and efficient manner.
Skills and experience you will require as the Payroll Officer:
• Highly skilled in PAYE legislation
• Analytic and problem-solving skills
• Conversant with payroll accounting desirable
• Communicative with a high standard of written skills
• Ability to create and maintain payroll process
• Pensions, including Auto-Enrolment
• Real Time Information (RTI)
• Revenue Commissioners (Ireland) submissions via ROS desirable
• Knowledge of SAP desirable
• Experience with working across multiple systems and platforms, including T&A and management of interfaces and import routines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
• TUPE transfers, including acquisitions, desirable
Please apply direct or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in this opportunity.