Head Of Payroll
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Tunde Williams
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-272018-12-27 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Expanding Retail Organisation based in Manchester requires a Payroll Manager for an 18 month contract
Reporting to the Head Of Finance with a dotted line into the HR Director you will be responsible for m, a team of 6 payroll clerks to ensure that all activities are managed within the agreed service levels and framework of procedures.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Leading and motivating an established team of 6 payroll clerks
- Driving process improvement to maximise efficiency and automate transactions
- Conducting appraisals and weekly meetings to evaluate performance
- Controlling starters and leavers including efficient allocation of relevant general ledger allocation
- Delivering key projects on time and within budget
- Liaising with colleagues and external agents to ensure ongoing compliance
The ideal applicant will be CIPP qualified or currently working towards Prince 2 or equivalent. You will also have experience of improving payroll processing and implementing new systems to tight deadlines and budgets.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and an 18 month contract (may be extended). You will alreceive free city centre parking, subsidised canteen and access to the company's discount scheme.
Please note that applications will only be considered from candidates who are are available to start withing the next months.
Please click on the link to apply