Payroll Team Leader
Salary £28,000 - £30,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 31 October 2018 2018-10-312018-12-30 accountancy UK
A rarely available Payroll Team Leader position has recently become available at leading global organisation. Reporting directly in the Payroll Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the business. Based in South Birmingham, this role will offer you the chance to showcase your skills while developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Payroll Team Leader Position
You efficiently and effectively supervise service delivery of team allocated payrolls, and to ensure they are processed in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with Group and local business controls and audit procedures, whilst providing a specialist payroll support service to internal and external colleagues and customers throughout the group.
You will manage an experienced payroll team of 8 while also taking responsibility for processing a high-volume payroll and setting up and running payrolls efficiently using its functionalities such as journals, import/exports, report production, balancing and reconciliations.
About you as the Payroll Team Leader
To be considered for this Payroll Team Leader position, you must have at least 1 year supervisory experience and have experience of running a high volume payroll.
- Proactive team player, possessing self-management and team organisation skills
- The ability to work to strict and tight deadlines, and able to offer working flexibility at various peak periods
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to operate under pressurised situations
- Professional outlook and strong personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise always, maximising productivity
- Interview and recruitment selection experience
- Highly skilled in PAYE legislation
- Team supervision/management desirable
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Conversant with payroll accounting desirable
- Communicative with a high standard of written skills
- Ability to create and maintain payroll process
- Pensions, including Auto-Enrolment
- Real Time Information (RTI)
- Revenue Commissioners (Ireland) submissions via ROS desirable
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Irish Payroll Knowledge desirable
- Experience with working across multiple systems and platforms, including T&A and management of interfaces and import routines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
- TUPE transfers, including acquisitions, desirable
- Outsourcing experience desirable.
To express your interest, please email why you believe you are right for this role and your CV to Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org