Salary £32,000 - £38,000 per annum
Consultant Vanessa Lang
Date posted 17 September 2018 2018-09-172018-11-16 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting Payroll Manager role has arisen at a business in south Manchester. Working closely with the financial controller and managing 3 payroll administrators, you will oversee the payroll for 3,000 employees working alongside the external payroll provider and key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll Manager include:
- Overseeing the payroll, pensions and insurance department
- Responsible for authorising accurate payroll and pension submissions for both weekly and monthly staff
- Responsible for Plld / P9D / PSA / P46 submissions to HMRC
- Ensure processes and controls are documented and identify / rectify any weaknesses
- Ensure the department is cross trained to cover leaves of absence and peak seasonal times
- Responsible for leading and overseeing all future payroll and pension projects, liaising with finance and HR where necessary
- Key effective point of contact with HR
- Keep the business updated with key payroll / pension and tax legalisation changes via business updates and ensure that we are compliant with all related legislation
- Provide key stakeholders with business relevant information i.e. WTD breaches, overtime stats etc. and escalate were necessary
- Ensure contractual service levels are maintained by the ADP payroll managed service team and effectively interact to remedy any shortfall
- Coaching and developing the team
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll data at all times.
- Recruits, selects and inducts new team members providing training and guidance as required.
As a Payroll Manager you should have/be;
- CIPP qualified (Desirable)
- Previous experience managing a payroll and pensions department ideally with a payroll of a similar size
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong and up-to-date payroll and employment tax technical knowledge
This is a great opportunity to join a leading business in the area who are well known for their first class finance team. You will be part of a forward thinking business and will have the opportunity to be part of a number of ongoing finance projects.
To apply please contact Vanessa Lang at Robert Walters on email@example.com or 01612407473.