Salary £40000 - £45000 per annum
Consultant Helen Stratis
Date posted 09 November 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, fast growing restaurant group as Payroll Manager based in Central London. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for managing a motivated and efficient payroll department to satisfy the needs of a rapidly expanding restaurant business and ensuring that Senior Management has confidence that financial controls are in place to maintain the integrity of the payroll and that staff are paid accurately and on time.
As the Payroll Manager you will be responsible for the following within this great restaurant group based in London:
- Co-ordinate and manage the payroll process to ensure that two fortnightly payrolls covering 3,000+ staff are processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Ensure that the correct payments, reports and returns are made to HMRC (including monthly and year-end returns)
- Prepare relevant fortnightly journals
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts as required
- Ad hoc reporting as required by management
- Monitor, train and develop and the payroll team (currently 2 assistants, 1 full time and 1 part time).
- Implementing, improving and monitoring of policies and procedures within the Payroll function and ensure we stay efficient as the Group grows
Requirements/Qualifications of the Payroll Manager:
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with the relevant department heads, managers and Restaurant Managers within the organisation regarding the payroll
- Ability to manage a team – superior leadership skills, previous leadership experience is a must
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Approachable with strong people skills
- Good IT skills are necessary
- Sensible and consistent in nature, trustworthy and reliable
- Sector knowledge and experience advantageous
- Knowledge of Fourth Hospitality advantageous
- Previous exposure to working within a Restaurant group is not essential but will be advantageous
If you are interested in the role, please click to apply or contact me directly.