Payroll and Benefits Advisor
Salary £35000 - £37000 per annum
Consultant Helen Stratis
Date posted 29 September 2016
A global Law Firm, based in London has a great opportunity for an experienced Payroll and Benefits Advisor. If you have experience running payroll from start to finish, are ADP proficient and looking for a role to offer you career progression, this is a great opportunity for you.
As the Payroll and Benefits Advisor for this Global Law Firm, you will be based in London and responsible for overseeing all payroll, benefits, and reward activities across the business for c250 employees. This role will be the point of contact for benefit providers ensuring that benefits are benchmarked and promoted within the business.
Additionally responsible for ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time and that all necessary statutory obligations including reporting and payment of taxes and national insurance contributions etc. are met.
- Experience of working ADP (preferably managed and processed client)
- Two/Three years Legal or Professional Services experience
- Experience in administering a payroll of c.250 people, both hourly and salaried
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service and a flexible approach to working supportively with others
- Advanced Excel and Spreadsheet skills
Key Role Responsibilities as the Payroll and Benefits Advisor:
- Administer the monthly payroll ensuring timely and accurate submission of all monthly changes, including statutory deductions such as attachment of earnings orders, to our third party provider
- Manage benefit programme administration and reporting requirements.
- Lead on and manage the pensions auto-enrolment process in 2017
- Work with HR colleagues to answer employee queries and resolve any payroll or benefit errors in a timely manner
- Liaise with relevant members of the HR team to ensure that any team member changes around pay and benefits have been effectively communicated
- Oversee the end of year P11d and P60 reporting process including production and distribution of documents to employees, HMRC and submission of tax and NI payments to HMRC by the relevant deadlines
- Liaise with HMRC and Finance team to ensure that all payments of tax and NI are submitted in line with monthly and annual deadlines and that any HMRC queries are closed as a priority
- Complete and produce regular and ad-hoc reports for Finance, and other external parties
- Complete any administrative tasks connected with payroll, benefits and insurances
- Monitor and provide feedback to our third party provider about any concerns in service and escalates any serious concerns to the HR Director
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties including system improvement e.g. data cleanse
- Reconciliation of benefits to include liaising with finance department
If you are interested in developing your career, please click to apply or contact me directly.