Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £23,000 - £27,000 per annum + Study Support & Additional Benefits
Consultant Mason Speed
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-27 accountancy Burnley Lancashire GB GBP 23000 27000 27000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Assistant Management Accountant position has recently become available at a global business based in Burnley, as a result of recent expansion. Working within a dynamic financial reporting team, you will play an integral role at month end – focusing on preparing management accounts and providing in-depth analysis.
- Preparation and demonstration of understanding across a wide range of P&L and balance sheet, account reconciliations, identifying and resolving anomalies and managing any risks/opportunities.
- Working closely with the business on a day to day basis to deliver operational requirements.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting Manager to ensure the overall reported financial results are robust through the ongoing development of internal controls.
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of role and wider team processes.
- Providing expertise and role related knowledge to both Internal and External Audit teams as required.
- Ensuring that all accounting entries processed adhere to internal controls and accounting policies.
- Liaising with and fostering good relations within other areas of finance and the business.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified Accountant (or oversees equivalent)
- Exposure to Financial Accounting processes in a large, complex organisation
- Highly PC literate – particularly Excel.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with high volume, complex data to deliver insight
- High attention to detail and an ability to review and complete work quickly and accurately
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from the business for operational finance support
- Proactive and able to review business processes in order to effect & instigate plans for future improvement
- Highly motivated individual who will take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Experience of using an integrated ERP system (ideally SAP)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading business who are currently going through a exciting period of change and expansion. The role will give the successful candidate excellent exposure across the business, working closely with a number of high calibre senior stakeholders. The business are open to applications from candidates currently working in industry or looking to move from practice.
For more information about the Assistant Financial Accounting role contact Mason Speed on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 240 7454