Salary £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Wood
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 accountancy Solihull West Midlands GB GBP 22000 24000 24000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a award winning business based in Shirley.
The role demands a bright, well organised, part qualified accountant or equivalent qualification/experience with a preferred minimum of 2 year's experience in a similar accounting role.
- To ensure the efficient completion of the periodic accounts process in respect of managed house information working to a set deadline and being accountable for the completion of all tasks by this time;
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals and production of supporting schedules as required, ensuring that all entries are calculated accurately and treated correctly in line with Group policies and accounting standards;
- To assist in the preparation and audit of all statutory accounts and tax computations (where necessary);
- To ensure the correct managed house P&L (income and costs), BS and cash flow accounting for all transactions processed by Accounts – including accruals, prepayments, department/cost centre reporting and classification;
- Ensure all periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations are produced to a high standard and are ready for review by the set deadline, ensuring unusual transactions are raised and dealt with in a timely manner;
- Work with the managed house teams, outsourced accounts functions, Retail Audit and the wider Accounts team to ensure that all necessary controls are adhered to, that we maintain a robust control of cash and that relevant frameworks and processed are being adhered to;
- Work with FP&A and other back office personnel as necessary to ensure timely production of detail cost analyses and trend information to support the managed house teams as required;
- Other adhoc work as required within the wider accounts team
- Part qualified Accountant
- Previous experience of managed house operations is strongly preferred but not essential
- Competent in Excel and Outlook
- Navision experience desired but not essential
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Technically motivated, detailed, thorough and accurate with a high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise work;
- Forward thinking self-starter with an analytical, practical mind with an organised approach and a completer/finisher mentality;
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.