Assistant Accountant - 12 month contract
Salary £25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Weare
Date posted 18 September 20192019-09-18 2019-11-17 accountancy Leeds West Yorkshire GB LS1 5AA GBP 25000 27000 27000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting law firm with their central finance function based in Leeds city centre are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their rapidly growing team on a 12 month fixed contract.
Reporting to the Partnership Accountant, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for supporting the financial aspects of the partners’ interests in the firm, ensuring compliance with the members agreement.
As an Assistant Accountant, your duties will include:
- Responsibilities associated with the distribution of profit share to partners, including liaison with HR re packages, bonus schemes and benefits.
- Supporting the provision of personal drawings calculations within the policies of the firm. Effecting payments to partners as requested by partners within the guidance set down by the Management Committee.
- Act as a point of contact between the banks and the partner to facilitate the timely processing and receipt of capital, ensuring partner compliance with deadlines for receipt of capital.
- Administration of partners’ tax reserves, answering queries from individual partners and their tax advisors, preparing estimates of tax liabilities where appropriate, and preparation of schedules to support the filing of both the partners’ personal tax returns and the firm’s tax returns.
- Involvement in the year end audit process and preparation of the statutory accounts. Preparation of and distribution of partners annual profit statements.
If you are interested in applying for this Assistant Accountant role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.