Trainee / Part Qualified Management Accountant
Salary £23,000 - £27,000 per annum + full study support of choice
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 15 August 20192019-09-03 2019-10-14 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB WA12 0JQ GBP 23000 27000 27000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly expanding business based near St Helens is currently recruiting for a Trainee Management Accountant to join is busy finance team. You will be reporting into the Finance Manager and will be assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and provision of financial support to the operational management through the production of financial information and analysis. The role will operate over a number of Regions, and will involve interaction with the operational and sales management teams and the wider Finance teams. This is an ideal role for someone who is AAT qualified or has just started studying towards CIMA / ACCA and is looking for an opportunity to work for a growing business. Full study support of choice is available as are internal promotions, pay-rises and progression opportunities.
As Trainee / Part Qualified Management Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Commercial analysis of the monthly management accounts for the division and engage in cost centre management
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Producing, interpreting and analysing standard reports
- Assisting in monitoring trends in both customers and products
- Preparing the month end P&L’s and performance review packs distributed to the business.
- Attend area and regional monthly management meetings where required.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the budget/reforecast process of nominated areas.
- Prepare CAP-EX requests and the financial information required for new depot openings and relocations in the standard format.
- Undertake month end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and investigate differences (Margin Analysis).
- Assist in the preparation for the half year and year end external audit
- Review KPIs and Financial information to ensure that we are consistently improving our performance.
- Accuracy of management accounts and reconciliations
To apply for the job you must be:
- AAT Qualified or early stages of CIMA / ACCA
- Experienced in areas of Management Accounts prep; accruals, prepayments, journals, reconciliations
- An advanced Excel user and ideally have used an ERP systems previously
- A confident communicator both internally and externally
- Self motivated