Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Weare
Date posted 14 August 20192019-08-14 2019-10-13 accountancy Leeds West Yorkshire GB LS1 5AA GBP 28000 32000 32000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting marketing business with their central finance function based in Leeds city centre are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join their rapidly growing Finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a very hands on role and you will take responsibility for the accounts functions from overseeing the transactional processing to the preparation of monthly management accounts.
As a Management Accountant, your duties will include:
- Responsible for maintaining the financial records and monthly management accounts reporting for specific business units.
- Monthly revenue recognition review and appropriate postings for Accrued Income, Accrued Costs, Prepaid Costs and Deferred Revenue.
- VAT compliance and reporting for company and VAT Group.
- Preparation of monthly prepayment and accrual postings.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register and monthly depreciation postings.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations as required.
- Ownership of Trial Balance and preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Support the year end audit and financial statement production process.
- Ensure correct postings of overhead costs and purchase ledger, making payments as required.
- Oversight of accounts receivable.
- Payroll preparation and journal posting as required.
If you are interested in applying for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.