Salary £24,000 - £28,000 per annum + 25 days holiday
Consultant Tunde Williams
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-08-08 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 24000 28000 28000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Expanding Media Organisation requires an Assistant Accountant to work in their new Manchester City Centre offices.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for sales, cost of sales, royalties, shipping, fixed assets and depreciation as well as production of the monthly reporting packs this is a key role within the finance team.
Specific duties include:
- Produce the monthly sales and returns journals, reconcile to BI reports and investigate any differences.
- Produce the monthly cost of sales journals, reconcile to reports and investigate any variances.
- Conduct a monthly review of returns and collates reports for the Finance Manager
- Calculations of royalties and postings, ensure current up to date contracts are held on file
- Take ownership of control account, communicate with commercial accounts to enhance the quality of reporting from BI.
- Reconcile key supplier accounts to ensure accuracy of accruals and highlight any potentials risks to management accountant.
- Fixed asset maintenance, ensure fully authorised st monthly depreciation charges and c
- Ensure management accounts pack is completed in good time, ensure a high level of accuracy, identify, implement and continually develop improvements within the packs.
- Take ownership of all relevant balance sheet control files, have full understanding of each balance and ensure accounts are kept clean and tidy, identify any potential risks or opportunities to Management accountant.
The ideal candidate will have at 2 years experience preparing management accounts and be ACA, ACCA, CIMA part-qualified or have equivalent experience
In return you will receive a temporary to permanent contract, 25 days and study support (after successfully passing probation period)