Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-06-07 accountancy Bury Greater Manchester GB GBP 25000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading UK business are looking for a Part-Qualified Accountant to join they large finance team based near Bury.
The Part-Qualified Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of management accounts for the divisions ensuring they are accurate, timely and available for management review. This will include engaging with budget holders to understand their business and to ensure that their financial performance is accurately reflected in the accounts. Role-holders will also develop key skills in being subject matter experts in accounting for key revenue or cost items across the Group as well as acting in support of a specific Division. The role holder will also support in maintaining a robust control environment and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement with the RTR team.
Part Qualified Accountant key responsibilities:
- Assist in the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts, calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Assist in the service delivery and KPIs to internal and external customers.
- Develop subject expertise by working with the business which allows RTR Finance to accurately reflect the nature of commercial and operating agreements in the accounts.
- Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the RTR Finance team
- Assist in improving, standardising and automating the processes within the team.
- Driving continual improvement within the business area responsible.
Part Qualified Accountant key requirements:
- A part qualified accountant, studying towards a CIMA/ACCA professional qualification.
- An ambitious individual and team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to actively engage business stakeholders and to respond to queries in a collaborative manner.
- Relevant experience of working within a GL function at a similar level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Experience of an ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.