Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £23,000 - £26,000 per annum
Location Tyne and WearFULL_TIME
Consultant Liam O'Flaherty
Date posted 21 March 20192019-03-21 2019-05-20 accountancy Tyne and Wear Tyne and Wear GB NE36 0BQ GBP 23000 26000 26000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Our client is a well known business with a prominent office based in the Sunderland area. They are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant. This will to be join their existing team and is an exciting new opportunity.
This Assistant Management Accountant role requires a talented candidate Assistant Management Accountant who is either at the later stages of their AAT or studying ACCA/CIMA.
Duties will include:
- Balance sheet account maintenance and reconciliations
- Accrued and Deferred Income Calculations and Reconciliations back to Credit Notes, leasing with Divisional Management Team
- Divisional and Head Office Bank Reconciliation, Accruals and Prepayments for all sites
- Suspense account monitoring and investigation of imbalances Preparation and posting of journals
- Housekeeping and ownership of critical sections of sales & purchase ledgers Assisting with VAT return preparation and analysis every quarter & periodic VAT adjustments and reports
- Support in the review of automated bank reconciliation anomalies for both division and head office bank accounts
- Liaise with site managers over resolution of anomalies as required
- Review reconciliation for aged items and investigate / clear as necessary as well as associated suspense accounts
- Monthly Balance Sheet Accounts pack completion, following Reconciliations, Accrued/Deferred Income, Accruals and Prepayments posted into Divisional Accounts
- Produce Weekly Report to site management on key financial balances including Bad Debt Provision, Internal write offs, Bank Reconciliation
- Daily Approval of all Site and Head Office Sundry Payments in compliance with policy to strict deadlines
- Liaise with Sales ledger, Purchase ledger, Payments teams as necessary
- Liaise with wider Finance team process payment queries and Month End Accounts production
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
This is an excellent opportunity to take your Finance career to the next level. Our client is offering a generous salary including study support. Our client is ideally looking for someone who has good Excel. If you are interested in hearing more about this role than call Liam O'Flaherty at the Robert Walters Leeds office now.