Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum + study support
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 accountancy Chester Cheshire GB GBP 20000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to work within one of the North Wests fastest growing businesses. Based in the Chester area, this niche company is looking for a driven and hardworking Accounts Assistant to join its expanding finance team where you will be ablew to experience new challenges and have the opportunity to test and develop your skills on a regular basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be involved in a wide variety of accounts processes from accruals, journals, fixed assets and transnational procedures. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is AAT qualified and looking for an opportunity to start CIMA /ACCA. This company offers full study support as well as personal professional development.
As Accounts Assistant your responsibilites will involve:
- Monitoring schedule of monthly Accruals & Prepayments
- Ensure invoices, payments and receipts are entered onto the system
- Maintain and review ledgers regularly to ensure correct nominal and VAT coding is correct
- Expenses review
- Obtain and manage approvals process for invoices from relevant business budget holders
- Update regular payment list for the week for review with Assistant Treasury Manager
- Enter payments onto online business banking and obtain necessary approvals.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconcile all supplier accounts, highlighting any potential write offs
- Monthly sales invoice processing.
- Management of aged creditors and credit control
To apply for the role you must:
- Have experience of working in a similar, high volume accounts role
- Be AAT Qualified or only a few exams off
- Be ambitious and have a desire to study CIMA
- Excellent attention to detail
- Motivated, great communication, flexible approach to work in a busy, dynamic team.
- Good Excel skills (and willingness to develop these as needed)