Salary £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-04-07 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 28000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters 6 Month FTC Corporate Accountant Birmingham £28,000-£35,000 P/A At Robert Walters we are currently recruiting for a Part Qualified Corporate Accountant based in Birmingham City Centre for a market leader to manage and participate in day to day processes and monthly reporting on a large telecoms client and be part of cohesive and well-balanced team.
Main Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Preparation and review of monthly management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, intercompany adjustments and balance sheet schedules for client entities.
• Review of all month end analysis packs on a trend basis and against budget/forecast.
• To compile commentary and substantiate the balances held on the Statement of Financial Position and ensure in line with the client KPI.
• To ensure bank reconciliations are in line with RICS guidelines and the client KPI.
• Cash management – review cash forecasts and funding requests completing a consolidated funding summary with proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments and providing commentary on variances.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Deliver additional ad hoc reports as required by the client and be a key point of contact for the client.
• Manage process notes/ SIPOCS and ensure updated on a monthly basis.
• Continual reviews of processes, systems & controls to ensure that QA is being adhered to.
• Develop a full understanding of the QA, RICS and Clients procedures and processes adopted in the QA - training will be provided.
• Deliver the PMA monthly targets and delivery to the RICS standard.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Problem solving abilities
• High level of IT knowledge including strong knowledge of excel, ability to deal with and manipulate large quantities of data
• Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly
• Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience of working to tight deadlines
• Professional and good work ethic with an energetic approach
• Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work as part of a team and contribute in a positive manner to the overall performance of the team
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and commitment to completing the task in hand
• Enthusiasm to learn
• Ideally part qualified and/or experience with working in a busy and face paced finance function
• Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
• ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified