Dutch Speaking Assistant Accountant
Salary £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Consultant Kerry Ferguson
Date posted 23 January 2019 2019-01-232019-03-24 accountancy Bradford West Yorkshire GB GBP 22000 24000 24000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Dutch speaking Assistant Accountant, International shared service
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Dutch speaking Assistant Accountant to join a leading employer based in Bradford.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate will join a strong team of accountants who are responsible for the International group of the company’s businesses covering the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Japan and Australia, therefore communication is an essential part of the role. The Assistant Accountant’s focus will be on the accurate production and consolidation of month / year end results, as well as the timely communication of these results to the company’s stakeholders. The role will be key in ensuring the company’s international businesses meet their internal and external financial responsibilities, delivering the best outcome for the business at both a local and global level; whilst ensuring rigor, meeting all deadlines and maintaining / governing financial controls, ensuring that they are consistently applied by the wider business.
The key responsibilities associated with the Dutch speaking Assistant Accountant role are:
- Timely and accurate processing of month end journals in line with internal reporting deadlines.
- Provide accurate monthly results to agreed group timescales and in line with agreed group accounting policy.
- Produce reporting packs for internal stakeholders in line with required deadlines, plus any other adhoc reporting as required.
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations in line with internal reporting deadlines.
- Assist during the internal and external audit.
- Continuous improvement for the benefit of the company.
- Take part in learning and development activities, including setting a personal development plan.
- Contribute towards a service culture and customer service orientation in the team.
- Contribute to working processes being documented, standardised, modified in a controlled manner, waste eliminated and the value stream map for the area updated.
- Actively participate in process improvement projects as per the International Shared Service Centre continuous improvement culture.
- Input into departmental /companywide projects as required.
Based in Bradford, this Dutch speaking Assistant Accountant position is for an AAT student (or equivalent) with a good understanding of double entry accounting, the ability to multitask, an excellent attention to detail and accuracy and a demonstrable pride in their work. Naturally, language skills are fundamental to the role – whilst Dutch is essential, the company also consider German, French and Japanese language skills as an advantage. The successful candidate will preferably hold experience gained in a Shared Service Centre environment as well as a service-oriented culture (including working with SLAs), and previous experience with working in a culture of continuous improvement / changing environment would be beneficial to the application.
For further information on this Dutch speaking Assistant Accountant role in Bradford, please contact Kerry Ferguson at Robert Walters (Leeds office) on 07557 486 192 or email@example.com