Salary £26,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 03 January 2019 2019-01-032019-03-04 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 26000 32000 32000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Corporate Accountant A rarely available Corporate Accountant role has just become available at a central Birmingham based leading business. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression and is an ideal move if you are wanted to step into a forward-thinking business.
Key Responsibilities of the Corporate Accountant:
• Preparation of quarterly management accounts, including accruals & prepayments for key Corporate Clients.
• Undertake balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations, VAT returns, Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable reconciliations.
• Responsibility of review of bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
• Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
• To ensure maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
• Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual variances and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
• Produce service charge cash reconciliations at least 6 monthly for each property and ensure all reconciling items are cleared.
• Ensure quarterly service charge review meetings are attended and any issues/adjustments identified are actioned.
• Property accounting experience, in particular responsibility for service charge administration and reconciliations.
• Corporate reporting, exposure to production of management accounts, including balance sheet
• Experience in preparing accounts to PL and Balance Sheet stage
• Experience of working to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly
• Ability to work as part of a team and contribute in a positive manner to the overall performance of the team
• Ideally part qualified and/or experience with working in a busy and fast paced finance function
• Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
This is an excellent opportunity for a experienced Accountant to join a leading organisation in a hand on and progressive role. This role is best suited to an outgoing and personable Accountant that is happy working with all levels within a business, building relationships and business partnering.
To express your interest in this opportunity, email your CV to email@example.com