Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant George Grinsted
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-27accountancy UK Robert Walters
Senior Accountant Beckenham, Kent £25,000 - £35,000 Our client is an established, small, friendly Accountancy Practice based in Beckenham, Kent and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Semi Senior or Senior Accountant.
This role will suit a qualified or part qualified Accountant in either ACA, ACCA from a practice background or an Accountant that is Qualified by experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for a portfolio of businesses (sole traders, partnerships and limited companies) and personal taxation clients.
- To prepare management and annual accounts, corporate tax computations and personal tax returns.
- Knowledge of Taxation
- To give advice on, for example, accounting matters, remuneration planning, etc.
- To prepare board minutes and dividend vouchers for company clients.
- Someone with several year's experience of dealing with small and medium businesses - sole trader, partnerships and limited companies.
- Experienced in personal and company taxation.
- Not necessarily qualified – but experience is essential.
- Either already with experience of the software we use or, if not, an ability to learn that software.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude is important.
- A car owner/driver, willing to visit clients – including some in London (all travel expenses to be fully reimbursed by my client).
- Some experience in business development and/or marketing would be useful. Part of the senior’s role is to identify opportunities to benefit clients.
Software knowledge – Desirable:
- Practice management – IRIS.
- Accounts production – IRIS and VT.
- Personal and company taxation – IRIS.
- Bookkeeping – Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and VT.
- Company secretarial – Inform Direct.
If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to apply today.