Audit & Accounts Senior
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant George Grinsted
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262019-01-25 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Audit & Accounts Senior Borehamwood, Hertfordshire £40,000 - £55,000 Our client is an established, medium sized Accountancy Practice based in Borehamwood and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior on a permanent basis. This role will suit a qualified or part qualified Accountant in either ACA, ACCA from a practice background or an Accountant that is Qualified by experience.
Audit & Accounts Senior - Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Our client is an established, medium sized Accountancy Practice based in Borehamwood and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior on a permanent basis.
This role will suit a qualified or part qualified Accountant in either ACA, ACCA from a practice background or an Accountant that is Qualified by experience.
The purpose of the Audit & Accounts Senior is to provide accurate auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as directed by Manager, within budget and in accordance with firm procedures. In addition, assisting in the development of junior staff to ensure they have the knowledge and skill to perform their job.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactive identification of key risk areas in audit planning process including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs
- Solid understanding and performance of substantive and compliance testing and evaluation and resolution of errors
- Ensure all areas of responsibility on audit assignment are fully completed in an accurate and timely manner. Solid management and co-ordination of the audit team in accordance with time and budget constraints
- Ensure accurate and efficient resolution of audit files with client/audit staff in a timely manner. Provide feedback to junior audit staff on their performance and linking to potential training and development areas
- Lead client audit engagements
- Prepare appropriate audit report
- Ensure work-papers are prepared in accordance with my client’s standards, incorporating templates with Management to develop ongoing effective relationships with clients, and ensure retention
- Liaise with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients, under instruction
- Ensure all client work is completed within applicable reporting deadlines and client requests (if reasonable)
- Maintain client files and documentation in accordance with my client
- Manage, coordinate and delegate client work to junior team members with an appropriate level of capability
- Ensure all jobs are completed within specific budgets, keeping Manager informed at all times of progress of job
- Review junior team member's work, ensuring compliance with my client’s standards
- Ensure all relevant review action points are properly addressed
- Communicate outstanding review issues with Manager
- Ensure time-sheets are completed and submitted daily
- Assist in preparation of audit fee quotes for small to medium audit assignments
- Assist junior staff in developing their understanding of the various software packages, auditing, tax laws and statutory requirements
- Induct, mentor, train and assist junior level team members to maximise their performance
- Liaise with Manager to provide constructive feedback on junior team member performance, where required
- Keep abreast of developments in audit, accounting, taxation and relevant computer software
The successful candidate will be:
- Intermediate to Advanced professional accounting practice experience
- Solid understanding of accounting and audit software
- Strong MS Excel skills, ideally to advanced level
- A Degree in Accountancy or related subject
- ACCA / ACA part qualified or qualified
If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to apply today.