Assistant Management Accountant
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 per annum + study support + additional benefits
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 14 November 2018 2018-11-142019-01-13 accountancy UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An excellent Assistant Management Accountant position has been recently created at a highly accredited Manchester City Centre based company. Working within a thriving team, you will report directly to the Financial Controller, assisting with the preparation, development and analysis of key financial information – particularly the monthly management accounts.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, including providing commentary and explanations
- Calculating prepayments and accruals
- Reconciling balance sheets
- Providing accurate and timely KPI and variance analysis
- Preparing review packs for senior level management
- Co-ordinating and preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assisting with audit as and when required
- Constantly assessing and evaluating systems and processed to identify efficiencies
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will have/be:
- Actively studying for ACCA/ACA/CIMA (or equivalent), being fully AAT qualified (or equivalent) as a minimum
- Previous experience assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Experience using a large ERP system (ideally Sage, Oracle or SAP)
- Computer literate with an intermediate capability with MS Excel
- High attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and part of a wider team
- Able to develop solid relationships with stakeholders
With full study support provided and clear progression plans, this role an excellent way to develop your finance career.
For more information regarding this position, or any other finance roles in Manchester City Centre, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on email@example.com or 0161 240 7476.